What does a healthy diet consist of? Here are ten super foods that will slim you down, boost your energy and keep you healthy.
1. Dark Green Vegetables – spinach, kale and broccoli. Rich in chlorophyll, minerals and many other nutrients and fiber.
2. Cold Water Fish – salmon, mackerel and sardines. These are an excellent source of Omega-3 essential fatty acids and protein. Heart healthy and they are thermogenic – meaning they help burn fat.
3. Oatmeal – Packed full of soluble fiber to keep your system clear out – makes you feel full so you eat less.
4. Fruits – The two best are blueberries and apples. Blueberries are full of antioxidants and apples contain lots of fiber.
5. Nuts – Walnuts and almonds are two of the best. Nuts are full of fiber and good fats.
6. Healthy fats found in olive, sesame, walnut and avocado oil. These are the oils you should be using on salads and to cook with.
7. Onions and Garlic – Both are fantastic heart healers and are excellent antioxidants. Add them to as many foods as you can.
8. Beans – Black beans, pinto beans, northern beans – they are all packed with fiber which increases fat burning – an excellent source of protein.
9. Eggs – Egg whites and the whole egg are filling sources of protein with lots of nutrients.
10. Dark Chocolate – I know this one makes a lot of people happy. Dark chocolate has been shown to help regulate blood pressure and reduce cholesterol. It is also an antioxidant.
Now that you know what a healthy diet does consist of, be sure to include these foods in your daily diet. Do not forget to also drink lots of pure water and get some exercise every day.